GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Cancellation or Change of a Reservation:
- Entrance and workshop tickets purchased online are non-refundable.
- Reservations except reservations for an event made via email, telephone, our online ticketing platform or directly at the Museum’s Welcome Desk may be canceled or modified free of charge up to 7 workdays prior to the activity by emailing email@example.com. Thereafter, the full cost of the entrance fees will be charged. For group reservations, unless informed of a change within this deadline, the Museum will charge the group for the number of participants indicated in the reservation even if, on the day of the activity, the group is smaller. Additional charges will apply to any participants over and above the number reserved.
- Reservations for events may be canceled or modified free of charge up to 10 workdays prior to the activity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within less than 10 working days, 100% of the entrance fees will be charged. For group reservations, without any modification notice within this time frame, the number of participants initially confirmed at the time of booking will be charged, even if there are fewer participants on the day of your visit. Additional participants will be billed.
- For any workshop, guided tour, or event organized at the Museum, any delay must be announced in advance by phone:
Between 9:00 and 10:00, please call +41 (0)21 924 44 39
Between 10:00 and 17:00, please call +41 (0)21 924 44 25
After 17:00, please call +41 (0)21 924 16 66
- The activities offered start at the scheduled time. In case of delay, we may need to adjust the duration or content of the service.
Food Intolerances or Allergies:
- For a workshop purchased online, we kindly request you to contact us via email at email@example.com, at least 10 working days before the scheduled date.
- For a private workshop, we recommend reaching out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 10 working days prior to the agreed-upon date.
- During workshops, children are under the responsibility of accompanying adults during activities (in the kitchen and with games).
- For groups (schools and Passeport Vacances (holiday club)): before coming to the Museum, we kindly request you to prepare adhesive name tags with the first names of the students participating in the workshops.
- An activity can accommodate a maximum of two groups of 12 participants. In the case of a cooking workshop by a group (schools and Vacation Pass), the two accompanying adults can participate in the workshop if there are available slots. If not, they stay with the children to assist them. If there are more than two accompanying adults, they can visit the exhibition and benefit from a reduced entry fee to the Museum.
- To help you better understand and enjoy the JuniorAcademy Space, here are some guidelines that we kindly request you to read carefully:
- The space offers more than 28 different games for children.
- There is no mandatory route, but we strongly recommend that you start by reading the rules of the games together before using them.
- Children can freely choose the games they find interesting and take turns playing.
- We kindly request you to think of the next children and to put away the games after use.
For more information, please refer to the General Instructions available on the website.
5. During workshops carried out by a group (schools and Passeport Vacances), a 15-minute break is planned and is the responsibility of the adults accompanying the children. It can take place outside, on the quay, or indoors (in the JuniorAcademy Space only) in case of bad weather. It is recommended to bring a small snack with a drink for the occasion.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased through the website or directly in the Alimentarium Shop. They are transferable without restrictions.
- Gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase. If purchased online, gift vouchers are only valid if printed in A4 format.
- A gift voucher allows the purchase of Museum entry, Shop purchases, Café purchases, and culinary workshops offered by the Alimentarium, up to the voucher's amount.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable. The total amount or balance cannot be converted into cash or credited to a credit card. In case of loss, damage, or theft, gift vouchers will not be replaced or refunded. The Alimentarium assumes no responsibility for the use of a gift voucher by an unauthorized person.
- Reselling or using gift vouchers for commercial purposes in any form is prohibited. Reproduction of Alimentarium gift vouchers is also prohibited.
Terms and Conditions of Use for ALIMENTARIUM Foundation Websites
Thank you for visiting our site. Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use, as using the site signifies your acceptance of these terms.
In this site, the terms 'we,' 'our,' 'ALIMENTARIUM,' and 'museum of food' refer to the ALIMENTARIUM Foundation as appropriate in context. 'You' refers to any person using this website or accessing it.
Data Protection Notice:
Documents or personal information submitted to this site are subject to the conditions outlined in the Data Protection Notice available on this site.
Accuracy, Completeness, and Currency of Information:
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. However, we disclaim all responsibility if the information made available on this site is not accurate or complete. If you rely on the data on this site, it will be at your own risk. You agree that it is your responsibility to keep informed of any changes to the content of this site.
Any non-personal communication or document that you transmit to this site by email or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, will be treated as non-confidential and of a public nature. Anything you communicate or post becomes the property of ALIMENTARIUM and may be used for purposes including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcasting, and display. Additionally, ALIMENTARIUM may, at its sole discretion, use any ideas, artwork, inventions, suggestions, or concepts contained in the information you send to our site, for purposes including, but not limited to, developing and/or implementing activities related to the museum, without recognition or any obligation of compensation for your contribution. When you send us information, you guarantee that you own the documents/content provided, that they are not defamatory, and that their use by ALIMENTARIUM will not violate any third party rights or constitute a violation of any applicable law. ALIMENTARIUM is under no obligation to use the information provided.
Intellectual Property Rights:
© ALIMENTARIUM Foundation
® Registered Trademark in the name of the ALIMENTARIUM Foundation
The copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights for the texts, images, and other documents on this site are owned by ALIMENTARIUM or used with the permission of the respective owner. You are allowed to browse this site, reproduce extracts by printing, downloading to a hard disk, or for the purpose of distribution to third parties. This is possible as long as you respect the indications regarding copyright and intellectual property, and the mentioned trademark notice appears on these reproductions. No reproduction of any part of this site may be sold or distributed for commercial purposes, nor may it be modified or incorporated into any other work, publication, or website.
The trademarks, logos, designs, and service marks (collectively referred to as 'Marks') displayed on this website belong to the ALIMENTARIUM Foundation. Nothing appearing on this website should be interpreted as authorizing or granting the right to use any Mark presented on this site. Any use by you of the Marks on this website, or any other content on this site, except as provided in these Terms, is strictly prohibited. We also want to inform you that ALIMENTARIUM will enforce its intellectual property rights and take legal action against any infringers.
Links to Other Sites:
Links on ALIMENTARIUM's websites may direct you outside of ALIMENTARIUM's network and systems. ALIMENTARIUM accepts no responsibility for the content, accuracy, or operation of these third-party sites. These links are provided in good faith, and ALIMENTARIUM cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes made to the third-party sites we link to. Inclusion of a link to other websites does not imply ALIMENTARIUM's endorsement. We recommend that you become acquainted with and carefully read the legal notices and data protection policies of all other sites you visit.
Warranties and Disclaimer of Warranties:
Use of this website is at your own risk.
This website is provided to you 'As Is' and 'As Available,' and, therefore, ALIMENTARIUM makes no warranty, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise (including implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose) including, without limitation, warranties and representations that: the content of this site is comprehensive, accurate, reliable, up-to-date, and does not infringe the rights of any third party; access to this site will be uninterrupted or error-free or free of viruses; this site is secure; any advice or opinion from ALIMENTARIUM through this site is accurate and reliable. All representations and warranties regarding the site are hereby expressly excluded.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to this site or any feature or part of this site without notice.
ALIMENTARIUM and/or any other party involved in the creation, production, or distribution of this site on our behalf shall not be liable for direct and indirect damages and other costs, losses, and claims of any kind resulting from your access to the site, its use, inability to use, or changes to the content of this site or to another website you access through a link from this site or as permitted by applicable law, resulting from any act or omission by us as a result of messages sent by you by email.
ALIMENTARIUM and/or any other party involved in the creation, production, or distribution of this website are not obliged to maintain the documents and services made available on this site in their present condition or to make corrections, updates, or innovations. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
In addition, ALIMENTARIUM cannot be held responsible for losses resulting from the infection of your computer or other equipment by a virus as a result of your use of the site or downloading a document from the site. If you choose to download a document from this site, you do so at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, you expressly agree to waive any claims against ALIMENTARIUM, its officers, directors, employees, suppliers, and programmers arising from your use of this website.
ALIMENTARIUM reserves the right to prohibit any act it deems inappropriate and/or contrary to the law or prohibited by the laws applicable to this website, including, among others:
- Any act that would constitute a violation of data protection (including downloading private information without the consent of the individual concerned) or any other violation of individuals' personal rights;
- The use of the website to defame ALIMENTARI UM, its employees, any other individual, and/or any other party involved in the creation, production, or distribution of this website, or any act aimed at discrediting ALIMENTARIUM;
- The transmission by downloading files containing viruses that may cause damage to the property of ALIMENTARIUM or the property of other individuals; and
- The unauthorized publication or transmission of information on the site, including, among others, information that, in our opinion, is likely to disrupt, be harmful to, or violate the security systems and networks of ALIMENTARIUM or third parties, defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic, or otherwise illegal.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law:
You and ALIMENTARIUM agree that any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to the use of this website shall be governed by Swiss law and shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Vevey, Switzerland.
Updates to Legal Notices:
We reserve the right to make changes and corrections to these notices. Please check this page regularly to review these modifications and newly added information.
VEVEY, November 2023
Copyright © ALIMENTARIUM Foundation, Switzerland