As a Foundation, the Alimentarium is financed from various sources.
Constituted by Nestlé SA and Nestlé Suisse SA in 1980, the Alimentarium is a legally registered foundation governed by statutes and a Board of Trustees in accordance with the articles 80 et seq of the Swiss Civil Code and placed under the supervision of the Federal Supervisory Board for foundations.
The Board of Trustees determines policy and, together with senior staff, sets the strategic direction for the Alimentarium. The Board delegates the day-to-day running of the Alimentarium to the Director, who has responsibility for the overall organisation, management and staffing.
The Board is composed of ten to sixteen members of which four represent the founders, one the Swiss Federal department of Home Affairs, one each the cantons of Vaud and Zug, one the town of Vevey and one to seven are independent experts in related fields. They are elected for a three-year term which may be prolonged.
Current Members of the Board
Eugenio Simioni, Chairman
CEO Nestlé Suisse SA
Stephan Schleiss, Vice-Chairman
State Councillor, Canton of Zug
Councillor, Municipality of Vevey
Head of Nutrition, Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office
Associate Professor, History of Science and Technology, Pharmacy Museum, University of Basel
Head of NPTC Dairy, Konolfingen
Head of Legal & Corporate Affairs Nestlé Suisse SA
Jelena Trajkovic Karamata
Head of IT Switzerland, Nestlé NOWS
Director, Museum Tinguely, Basel
- Museums preserve, research, interpret and promote the natural and cultural inheritance of humanity.
- Museums that maintain collections hold them in trust for the benefit of society and its development.
- Museums hold primary evidence for establishing and furthering knowledge.
- Museums provide opportunities for the appreciation, understanding and management of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Museums hold resources that provide opportunities for other public services and benefits.
- Museums work in close collaboration with the communities from which their collections originate as well as those they serve.
- Museums operate in a legal manner.
- Museums operate in a professional manner.
Annual reports (french only):
Rapport annuel 2021
Rapport annuel 2020
Rapport annuel 2019
Rapport annuel 2018
Rapport annuel 2017
Rapport annuel 2016
Rapport annuel 2015
Rapport annuel 2014
Rapport annuel 2013
Rapport annuel 2012
Rapport annuel 2011