Café & Restaurant
Seasonal produce, outstanding meals, a magnificent setting and enthusiastic chefs with a real passion for food: The Alimentarium has all the ingredients to never let you down!
Good to know
From Sunday 18 December 2022, our Restaurant will discontinue its lunch service to favour engaging culinary endeavours as an integral part of visiting the Museum. With demonstrations, culinary workshops, events and tasting sessions, the FoodAcademy will revert to its original role as a place for sharing and learning.
Join us from 11:30 on Tuesday 27 December to discover these unique culinary activities!
Our Café continues to serve a range of drinks and sweet or savoury refreshments throughout the Museum opening hours.
Our team of chefs concoct a variety of tasty seasonal dishes to add a gourmet touch to your visit. With a dish of the day, a chef’s special, a vegetarian meal and a children’s meal, there’s something to suit all tastes and purse strings!
- Chef's special from CHF 20.00
- Seasonal dish from CHF 19.00
- Vegetarian dish from CHF 18.00
- Turkey breast
- Spicy chocolate orange sauce
- Jacket potato
- Sautéed vegetables
- Poached fruit of the day
- Our Restaurant is open to the public Tuesday to Sunday from 12:00 to 13:30.
- For groups of 10 or more, we strongly advise to book a week ahead. Please complete our reservation form or call us on 021 924 44 18.
- Light refreshments are available throughout the day in our Café or from our Kiosk on the outdoor Terrasse.
Top tip! If the Museum is open, the Café is open too!
Why not relax here for a while, with one of our cocktails, aperitif platters, snacks or ice creams, or try our range of coffee?
Self-service in our Café or at our purple Kiosk.