Conditions binding cancellation or change of a reservation:
- Entrance and workshop tickets purchased online are non-refundable.
- Reservations made via email, telephone or directly at the Museum Welcome Desk may be cancelled or modified free of charge up to 7 workdays prior to the activity. Thereafter, the total cost will be charged. For group reservations, unless informed of a change within these deadlines, the Museum will charge the group for the number of participants indicated in the reservation even if, on the day of the activity, the group is smaller. Additional charges will apply to any participants over and above the number reserved.
- Reservations for events may be cancelled or modified free of charge up to 2 weeks prior to the activity. Thereafter, the total cost will be charged. For group reservations, unless informed of any change up to 2 weeks prior to the activity, the Museum will charge the group for the number of participants indicated in the reservation even if, on the day of the activity, the group is smaller. Additional charges will apply to any participants over and above the number reserved.
For cookery workshops, if any members of your party suffer from food intolerance or food allergies, please inform us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
It is necessary to inform the Museum of any delay in your planned arrival.
- For late arrival for workshops or guided tours, call +41 (0)21 924 41 11 between 9:00 and 17:00. The Museum reserves the right to adapt the activity accordingly.
- For late arrival for events taking place at the Museum (room hire, team-building activities, bespoke workshops or conferences), call +41 (0)21 924 44 25 or email email@example.com during Museum opening hours.
Cancellations or modifications
All cancellations or changes to a reservation must be requested in advance.
- For workshops or guided tours, by email to:
Alimentarium Customer Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an event (room rental, team building activity, tailored workshop, or conference) by email to email@example.com.
- During workshops, children remain the responsibility of accompanying adults at all times, both in the kitchen and while playing games.
- For groups (schools and the Passeport Vacances holiday club), prior to your arrival at the Museum, please prepare individual stickers with the first names of all children taking part in the workshop.
- A maximum of two groups of 12 participants can take part in a workshop at any one time. When a group takes part in a cookery workshop (schools and the Passeport Vacances holiday club) two accompanying adults can join in the workshop, providing space permits. Otherwise, they are to assist children needing help. Any other adults accompanying the group may visit the Museum with a discount on the entrance ticket.
- To help you better understand and fully appreciate all that the JuniorAcademy has to offer, kindly take time to read the following information:
- The area presents over 28 different games for children.
- There is no set order in which to play the games, but we recommend you read the rules for each game together, before starting to play.
- Children can pick the games that interest them, taking turns to play them.
- Once you have finished playing, please tidy the games where they belong, ready for the next children.
For further information, please see our General Instructions for the JuniorAcademy, available on our website.
- A 15-minute break is scheduled for groups taking part in a workshop (schools and the Passeport Vacances holiday club). This break is under the responsibility of the accompanying adults, and may be spent outside, along the lakeshore or, if the weather is unsuitable, inside the JuniorAcademy. We recommend you bring a small snack and a drink for all participants.
Birthday parties in the JuniorAcademy
- Birthday parties in the JuniorAcademy can accommodate a maximum of 12 participants. Children are under the responsibility of the accompanying adults during the snack time and when playing the games.
- A cookery workshop can accommodate a maximum of 12 participants.
Birthday parties in the FoodAcademy
- Birthday parties in the FoodAcademy can accommodate a maximum of 12 participants. Participants are under the responsibility of the accompanying adults during the snack time and when visiting the Museum.
For all cookery workshops in the JuniorAcademy or the FoodAcademy, if you suffer from food intolerance or food allergies, please inform us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the workshop.
Thank you for your cooperation! We wish you a fruitful time at the Alimentarium.
Website Privacy Notice
Thank you for visiting our websites. Please read these General Terms and Conditions carefully, as interacting with our websites implies your acceptance thereof.
Our current websites, the use of the terms ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘ALIMENTARIUM’ and ‘Food Museum’ refer to the Alimentarium Foundation. The term ‘you’ refers to any person accessing or using the website.
Any personal information or material sent to this website are subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Data Protection located on this website.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
Whilst we use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information on this website, we are not responsible if the information that we make available on this website is not accurate or complete. Any reliance upon the material on this website shall be at your own risk. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor any changes to the material and the information contained on this website.
Any non-personal communication or material you transmit to this website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of the ALIMENTARIUM and may be used for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, the ALIMENTARIUM is free to use for any museum purposes whatsoever any ideas, artwork, inventions, developments, suggestions or concepts contained in any communication you send to this website. Any such use is without compensation to the party submitting information. By submitting information, you are also warranting that you own the material/content submitted, that it is not defamatory and that the ALIMENTARIUM's use will not violate any third party's rights or otherwise place us in breach of any applicable laws. The ALIMENTARIUM is under no obligation to use the information submitted.
Intellectual property rights
© Fondation ALIMENTARIUM
® registered trademark Fondation ALIMENTARIUM, all rights reserved.
All copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all text, images and other materials on this website are the property of the ALIMENTARIUM or are included with the permission of the relevant owner.
You are permitted to browse this website, reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk or for the purposes of distribution to other individuals. This is only to be done on the proviso that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and that the above trademark notice appears on such reproductions. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or website.
The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively "Trademarks") displayed on this website belong to the ALIMENTARIUM. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this website. Your use/misuse of the Trademarks displayed on this website, or on any other content on this website, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that the ALIMENTARIUM will vigourously enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Links to other websites
Links on the ALIMENTARIUM website may take you outside the ALIMENTARIUM network and systems and the ALIMENTARIUM accepts no responsibility for the content, accuracy or function of these other third party websites. The links are provided in good faith and the ALIMENTARIUM cannot be held responsible for any subsequent change in other third party websites to which we provide a link. The inclusion of any link to other websites does not imply endorsement by the ALIMENTARIUM. We highly recommend that you make yourself aware of and carefully read the legal and privacy notices of all other websites that you visit.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Your use of this website is at your own and exclusive risk.
This website is provided to you on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis and, consequently, the ALIMENTARIUM gives no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise (including the implied warranties of merchantability or satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose) including warranties or representations that material on this website will be complete, accurate, reliable, timely, non-infringing to third parties, that access to this website will be un-interrupted or error-free or free from viruses, that this website will be secure, that any advice or opinion obtained from the ALIMENTARIUM through this website is accurate or to be relied upon and any representations or warranties thereto are accordingly expressly disclaimed.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website or any feature of this website or any feature or part thereof at any time.
The ALIMENTARIUM and/or any other party involved in the creating, producing or delivering this site on our behalf shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any direct and indirect damages, costs, losses or liabilities whatsoever and howsoever arising out of your access to, use, inability to use, change in content of this website or arising from any other website you access through a link from this website or to the extent permitted by applicable law, from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of any electronic mail messages you send us.
The ALIMENTARIUM and/or any other party involved in the creating, producing or delivering this website shall have no responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this website or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Any material on this website is subject to change without notice.
Further, the ALIMENTARIUM shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any loss suffered caused by viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property by reason of your use of, access to or downloading of any material from this website. If you choose to download material from this website you do so at your own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly waive all claims against the ALIMENTARIUM, its officers, directors, employees, suppliers and programmers that may arise from your use or access of this website.
You are prohibited from doing any act that the ALIMENTARIUM in its absolute discretion may deem to be inappropriate and/or would be deemed to be an unlawful act or is prohibited by any laws applicable to this website including but not limited to:
- Any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private information without the concerned individual's consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- Using this website to defame or libel the ALIMENTARIUM, its employees or other individuals or acting in such a way that brings into disrepute the good name of the ALIMENTARIUM;
- Uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to the property of the ALIMENTARIUM or the property of other individuals; and
- Posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including but not limited to material that is in our opinion likely to cause annoyance, detrimental to or in violation of the ALIMENTARIUM or third party´s systems or network security, defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise unlawful.
Jurisdiction and governing law
The French version of this document is legally binding. You and the ALIMENTARIUM agree that any controversy or claim arising from or pertaining to the use of this website shall be governed by Swiss law and be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Vevey, Switzerland.
Legal notice update
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.
Vevey, February 2019
© 2015 Fondation ALIMENTARIUM, Switzerland