Preparing your visit
Information regarding your planned activity at the Alimentarium.
Safety is of prime importance for the Alimentarium. We can therefore assure you that we are taking the COVID-19 situation very seriously. We have taken the following steps for your protection:
- Installation of information sheets
- Installation of plexiglass shields, floor markings and rope barriers
- More frequent cleaning and disinfection of all areas of the Museum
- Checking and limiting access
ANYONE AGED 16 AND OVER WISHING TO ENTER THE ALIMENTARIUM BUILDING MUST PRESENT A VALID COVID CERTIFICATE AND PHOTO ID.
The following requirements regarding COVID Certificates are applicable from 2 November 2021 for tourists, Swiss citizens living abroad and foreigners residing in Switzerland.
- Visitors with a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate OR a compatible certificate may enter the Alimentarium building.
- Visitors who do not possess a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate, and visitors who have been vaccinated abroad or who have recovered from COVID abroad, are required to obtain a Swiss COVID Certificate on the designated Swiss FOPH platform https://www.covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign. Any other documents, such as vaccination booklets, are not deemed valid for admission purposes.
Applications for a Swiss COVID Certificate generally require 5 working days but may take longer. We recommend you file your request two weeks prior to your planned arrival in Switzerland.
Thank you for your understanding.
We wish you a great visit!
Your safety and the safety of our staff is our utmost priority. To ensure you have a safe visit, we have drawn up the following recommendations for each of the activities in our Museum, for you to kindly read and heed:
Visiting the Museum
- Buy your tickets online to avoid queueing.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitiser available at various points in the Museum.
- Wear a mask.
- Observe the floor markings to ensure a safe distance between people and to guide all visitors safely through the Museum.
- Follow the Swiss FOPH’s instructions on the information boards available throughout the Museum.
- Follow our staff’s instructions. All members of a group must stay together and must not mingle with other groups.
We have taken these measures to ensure you can enjoy a relaxed visit, without any concerns. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you safely and keeping everyone safe in our magnificent Museum.
Your Alimentarium Team