Food – There’s no better subject to break the ice between pupils with different languages and cultures.
It is compulsory to wear a mask in our Museum. Please remember to bring one with you when you pay us a visit! Masks are also available at our Welcome Desk (CHF 0.50 each).
Let’s stay safe together! Thank you for your help and understanding.
Pupils are invited to dive into the history of favourite food and pet hates via interactive exhibits and demonstrations that arouse all our senses, focusing on four main aspects of this topic: biology, ethics, aesthetics, and sustainable development.
- Group welcome at the Museum
- Bilingual discussion led by one of the Alimentarium’s experts on the importance of food, and food-related issues
- Bilingual guided tour of the Alimentarium’s permanent exhibition
- Discussion regarding the exhibition and the general theme
- Teaching resources, in French and German
- Target audience: Secondary I (from age 10) to secondary II
- Number of participants: Two classes and accompanying adults
- Times: Morning or afternoon, depending on the teachers’ preferences
- Duration: 1h to 1h 30 min
- Languages: French and German
- Price: Fixed price for 2 classes (40 pupils), CHF 200 (free for accompanying adults)
- Pupils' guide
- Teachers' guide
This programme receives support from Movetia, which provides grants to promote linkups between classes from Switzerland’s different language regions. For more information visit www.movetia.ch/echange-classes.